Information held on this website is intended for your general information, and as such should only be treated as a guide.
Leicester City Council has used all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and completeness of its website. However we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of the information provided.
We do not approve or endorse any information contained in external websites that we link to and accept no no liability in connection with their services or information.
The contents of this website are the copyright of Leicester City Council.
You may make copies for your personal use only. You are not allowed to copy and distribute its content in any way without the written prior consent of the city council. You should seek appropriate professional advice before taking any action based on any information held on this website.
The following points combined with any legal notices displayed on the My nearest section of this website, represent all the terms and conditions under which you may access the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by Leicester City Council associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer.
Your continued use of the My nearest section of this website indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using this part of the website. The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
- The National and/or Authority datasets are associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and Leicester City Council.
- A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
- You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or in hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
- You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this Website.
- Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this website is not permitted without our prior written consent.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of trade marks located on the website.
- We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of the information contained on this website.
- We take every reasonable effort to ensure that information contained on this website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this website are provided "as is", and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of the website.
Return to top
We regard your privacy as important and all employees who have access to your personal data or are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to comply with the Data Protection Act
We do not capture and store any personal information about website visitors, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email, or by using an electronic form, or enquiring about any of our services.
We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary.
Any personal information that you provide will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
It will be used by Leicester City Council and our partners to deliver and improve services and fulfil our statutory duties.
We will not disclose any personal information to any other third parties unless required to do so by law.
Read more about how we use personal data in our Fair Processing Notice
Very occasionally we may need to share the personal information you have given to Leicester City Council with partner organisations such as the police or other government bodies.
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and your consent will always be sought if sensitive personal data is involved.
Sensitive personal data includes - but is not limited to - information about race, religious beliefs, trade union membership or court proceedings. You may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law.
There are some circumstances where your consent may not be sought, for example:
- To prevent serious harm to others
- To help prevent or prosecute crime
- As a requirement of statute law or because a court has asked for it
The Council has a duty to protect public funds it administers, and may use information held about you for the prevention and detection of fraud and other lawful purposes.