Leicester's City Mayor Sir Peter Soulsby has developed a Leicester Economic Action - A plan for jobs and and growth: 2012 to 2020.
This plan sets an ambitious strategy for investment in the City's economy up until 2020.
It builds on the strong entrepreneurial spirit of Leicester's Business Community, its location and connectivity with the rest of the UK and the world.
Our ambitions are to:
- Secure £60 million investment for Jobs and Growth in the City
- Create four Leicester Business Investment Areas
- Create and safeguard 8,500 Jobs
- Create 800 New Apprenticeship/Work Placement and Internship Opportunities
- Create 800 New Businesses
- Support 1,800 Businesses
To realise the economic vision for the city, this Economic Action Plan will focus the council's activity, which are grouped into five strategic themes as below:
To review the Economic Action Plan and to download a copy please visit the City Mayor's webpages.
For more detail about how we will be delivering the Leicester to Work and Enterprising Leicester themes of the plan see below:-