Roadworks in Leicester
Published on Friday, July 14, 2017
New works starting this week (w/c Sunday 16 July):
• Jarrom Street: water main works. Road closed between Infirmary Square and Atkins Street on Sunday (16 July) only. Diversions in place.
• Portishead Road: water main works. Road closed near to junction with Victoria Road East from Monday (17 July). Diversions in place. Temporary lights in use at junction of Victoria Road East, Tailby Avenue and Hastings Road. Expect delays.
Ongoing works in the city:
• New Parks Way: carriageway resurfacing. Various road closures in place as required between the Glenfield Road/Dominion Road roundabout and the A47 Hinckley Road. Well-signed diversions in place.
• Loughborough Road Bridge: flood risk works. Signal-controlled lane closure in place.
• Shackerdale Road: carriageway resurfacing. Road closed between Roehampton Drive and Asquith Way. Diversions in place.
• Friar Lane: carriageway improvements. Road closed between Southgates and Berridge Street. Diversions in place. Access maintained for pedestrians.
• Colton Street: construction work. Road closed between Church Street and Rutland Street. Diversions in place.
• Keyham Lane West: carriageway improvements. Lane closures and temporary traffic signals in place as required.
• Belvoir Street and Welford Place: carriageway improvements. Road closed. Belvoir Street will also remain closed to traffic. Outbound bus services which normally use this route will be diverted via Charles Street, St George’s Way, Waterloo Way and Regent Road, onto Welford Road. Diversions in place for general traffic.
• Millstone Lane: street improvement scheme. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Western Road: building works. Road closed between Briton Street and Roman Street. Diversions in place.
• Jupiter Close: building work. Road closed. Diversions in place.
• Marlborough Street: construction work. Road closed between Welford Road and Duke Street. Diversions in place.
• York Street: building works. Road closed between Albion Street and Granby Street. Diversions in place.
Please note that emergency situations may require work schedules to be changed at short notice.
For queries, please contact Area Traffic Control on 0116 254 000. ATC lines are open Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm, and 9.30am-1pm on Saturdays.
For up-to-date information tune in to Radio Leicester (104.9 FM).
Details of roadworks and information about car parking in Leicester are available online at www.leicester.gov.uk/travel